If you are in the midwest, PointsBet Sportsbook is one of the best sportsbooks out there specifically tailored to many states in the midwest. PointsBet continues to expand in the United States and with many new states either legalizing gambling or in the process of legalizing gambling PointsBet is expected to grow.
History of PointsBet
PointsBet is a legal sportsbook originally founded in Australia. In 2019 PointsBet launched in the United States, specifically in six states. To wager on the PointsBet sportsbook you must physically be in one of the states that it is offered and must be 21 years or older.
PointsBet has emerged as one of the leading sportsbooks in the United States and offers hundreds of different bets per day. PointsBet offers both traditional bets common amongst most sportsbooks, while also giving their own options through different promotions and unique bet offerings.
- Up to $1,000 in risk-free bets when you join.
- It Pays to be Fast
- 2 risk-free bets up to $2,000
- If your first fixed odds bet losses receive up to a $500 refund in free bets and up to a $1,500 refund (in Free Bets) if your 1st PointsBetting Bet loses. New Customers Only!
- 2 risk-free bets up to $2,000
- Paige’s Make It Rain Game of the Day
- Bet $50 on the spread of Paige’s game of the day and receive $3 for every three-pointer made.
- Paige Spiranic’s Weekly Boost of the Week
- PointsBet offers a weekly odds boost which has recently been for a golfer to win or finish in the top 10. The max bet is $50.
- Teddy Greenstein’s Boost of the Day
- Teddy Greenstein’s Daily Boost offers boosted odds on a specific bet. For example, right now it is for John Rahm and Ian Poulter to both finish top 10 in the upcoming tournament with odds going from +500 to +700. The max bet is $50.
- NBA Boosters
- Odds boosts on various NBA player prop bets and spread bets.
- Parlay Insurance
- Place a four or more leg parlay and if it loses by exactly one leg receive money back up to $25.
- Refer a Friend
- Receive $100 in free bets for you and a friend by referring a friend to the link. The other player must sign up for a new account and deposit a minimum of $50.
- Parlay Boosts
- Receive boosted odds on a single game parlay with a minimum of three legs.
- The Best Odds
- PointsBet is partnered with top teams such as the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, and Detroit Tigers. With this partnership, PointsBet offers the best odds out there on these specific teams and major teams playing in some of the specific states where the sportsbook is offered.
Where is PointsBet Offered?
PointsBet sportsbook is currently only available in New Jersey, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan.
How to Access PointsBet Sportsbook
To wager you can access PointsBet sportsbook at pointsbet.com or by downloading the PointsBet: Sports Betting App which is available in the App Store and on Android. PointsBet is also available at Catfish Bend Casino in Iowa and Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey.
Wager Types and Odds
PointsBet offers traditional bets, while also adding some of their own wagers. In specific states, PointsBet offers better odds for instate teams than you can find at other sportsbooks.
- Player Props
- Game Props
- Total Points
- Futures Bets
PointsBet Unique Wagers
- Quarterback completion percentage
- Time of player first basket
- Time in minutes for the player to eclipse 5pts,10pts, etc.
- Player shooting percentage
Sports to Bet On
- Aussie Rules
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby Union
- ACH/eCheck, Online Banking, PayNearMe cash deposit by using zip code to find deposit sites, PayPal, cash deposit at the Catfish Bend Casino in Iowa and Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey, Credit/Debit card, PointsBet Mastercard.
- ACH/eCheck, Online Banking, Paypal, and cash withdrawal at the Catfish Bend Casino in Iowa and Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey.
PointsBet Sportsbook offers many different options for customer service on their help website. By accessing help.pointsbet.com customers can access help on getting started, your account, depositing, withdrawal, features and promotions, house rules, sports betting, general information, responsible gambling, and troubleshooting information.
PointsBet does a great job at helping its customers gamble responsibly. PointsBet allows you to set a timer for how long you can access the app and wager and you can also set a limit to how much you can deposit per week. PointsBet offers all of the sports that bettors are interested in wagering on and is a very complete sportsbook.
PointsBet does not offer the best new player bonuses compared to other sportsbooks. When accessing the website Pointsbet offers up to 1,000 in free bets for customers, but it is not found anywhere on the website after you initially access it. PointsBet needs to be much clearer about what the requirements are to obtain this bonus.
Summary of PointsBet Sportsbook
Overall, PointsBet is a very solid sportsbook that has everything that you could be looking for when wagering on sports. PointsBet’s professional team sponsorships are interesting as it adds a new side of betting on teams in specific states. Pointsbet mobile app and website are very easy to access and use and having access to two in-person options is a plus.
This is a good sportsbook, but when going through their website some things are missing that I feel need to be there. PointsBet’s site does not provide deposit and withdrawal information for all of the states that can access the sportsbook. PointsBet needs to come up with a better and more clear deposit and welcome bonus.
When deciding on a sportsbook, the sportsbook needs to come out and grab your attention and convince you to sign up. PointsBets’ sign-up process compared to other sportsbooks that I have accessed did not grab my attention and some gamblers might not want to sign up when other sportsbooks offer more.